Tips for getting ready for school
Start preparing your kids before school starts so the first day goes easier.
Here are some quick tips
· Start getting into a routine a few weeks before school starts.
· Set a bedtime. Start getting your kids to bed and up in the mornings a few weeks before school. This will get you prepared too!
· Get your child in the habit of choosing an outfit the night before.
· Practice leaving the house in time to make it to school.
· Begin a morning routine chart to help your kiddos know what is expected and to help them be more independent in the mornings.
· Pull out their backpack and get them excited by getting new school supplies.
· Take them shopping and let them choose something new for school. A new outfit is always fun. But, it doesn’t need to be expensive; you can let them choose a pencil box, new crayons or new markers.
· Your kids can help you buy a box of kleenex to donate to their classroom.
· Go to the school and play on the playground or walk around the school if it is open to get them accustomed to being there.
· Talk about how exciting it is for them to be big enough to go to school!